Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Code freeze in favor of documentation for 4.7

Please pardon this longwinded post...

I respectfully request that subsite support be included in the News sample application and documentation (if it isn't already).

Subsite functionality is very important to me, so in my own self-interest I hereby volunteer to help code, document, or proof-read the sample application (especially with regard to subsite support) as the leaders of this project see fit.

While I am no expert on subsites, I did manage to muddle through the creation of a custom package (for internal use) that supports subsites and seems to function properly.  However, I based my work on the pre-CR Notes example.  Helping out with this project would allow me to give something back to the community while simultaneously upgrading my skillset to include the CR and ad-forms.

I had to make some design compromises based on what I perceived to be limitations of the core subsite code at the time (4.5 beta), so this would also give me a chance to make sure that my understanding is in-line with the current "best practices" of the community.