Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Problem upgrading oacs-5.8 to oacs-5.9

Posted by Claudio Pasolini on
Hi Gustaf,

in my first attempt I copied the oacs-5-9-1 packages over a running oacs-5-8-1 instance and trying to upgrade I got the no such key: word error.

Then I restarted the instance, checked for errors in the error.log and found none of them and trying to upgrade I got the invalid command name "::xo::db::sql::site_node" error.

For some reason the ::xo procs were not available. Looking around I saw that the site-nodes-procs.tcl implements two versions of the procs based on the availability of the latest Xotcl.

I then set UseXotclSiteNodes to 0, restarted and all went well. The strange thing id that in the same environment the oacs-5-9-1 installed by script works perfectly well.

An old friend of mine used to say about programs: sometime they work, sometime not.