Forum OpenACS Q&A: Job Opening in Vienna, Austria
The official job announcement is below.
In case of questions, please contact: Monika Andergassen
WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business), the largest business university in the European Union, is located at the heart of Euro- pe. The university maintains an excellent position as a center for research and teaching and attracts an international group of students and faculty. The Institute for Information Systems and New Media is currently inviting applications for a
LEARN@WU SYSTEMS MANAGER
Area of responsibility
With Learn@WU, the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) runs one of the largest and most successful academic e-learning platforms worldwide. Learn@WU is continuously being advanced in close cooperation between the research, teaching and IT departments of the university. As part of the team, you actively contribute to the development of scalable and innovative applications.
Your responsibilities include:
- Collaboration in agile development projects for Learn@WU to sup- port research based approaches in technology enhanced learning (e.g. learning analytics, mobile learning)
- Design and implementation of innovative e-learning solutions in close cooperation with the departments of the university
- Software development within the existing web application frame- work (OpenACS, Linux, PostgreSQL)
- Adoption and development of open source solutions for Learn@WU
- Technical support of faculty, staff and students
- Academic Master degree or close to completion of studies in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- Experience in the development of web-based applications using state of the art technologies
- Experience in the operation and administration of high-availability Linux systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Database knowledge with SQL
- Ability to work in a team, eagerness to learn, self-responsible and structured approach to work
- Distinct communication skills
- Good language skills in English is an asset
- Experience w¡th operation and technologies of e-learning platforms is an asset
- Methodological knowledge about test driven software development is an asset
- Agile development environment
- Research driven design and implementation of projects, and testing of state of the art technology trends
- Creative freedom
- If you are not a native German speaker, the WU offers language courses on various levels for employees
Gross monthly salary, paid 14 times per year: Euro 2,550.50 (at minimum). This position will be temporary limited to a period of 2 years, starting on November 1, 2018 (commencement date subject to change). Application materials can be submitted online until October 10, 2018 at the following web address: www.wu.ac.at/jobs (Reference Number 3742).
We are looking forward to your application!
See also: https://learn.wu.ac.at/wu_job_announcement_3742.pdf