Wow, it looks very slick, Lars. Here's what I imagine the users at my site would
say about this:
- What is the difference between departments and groups? They seem to
be the same thing.
- The idea of projects and project management seems to be missing from
this particular mockup. Our small company of 25 people has about 1000
projects going on at once, and each of these projects has to keep track of a
vast array of information: who is in charge of it, what has been done for it
(project reports), what needs to be done for it (a modified ticket tracker)... It
would be nice if it were possible to add arbitrary fields of information to track
throughout each projects... I'll put up some mockups of some ideas.
- so if I wanted to add in a collaborative to-do list (simplified and refined
ticket tracker), I could do that as a portlet, and it would appear under
Company? Would it also show up as a link under each group/department,
and/or under the projects, if projects are going to be a part of it?
- It's nice having the control panel where it is.
- Other ideas for portlets: room reservations, company glossary, hour
- Just playing devil's advocate: what is the advantage to me as a developer
in writing an Intranet on dotLRN instead of just OACS?
I'll put up some mockups to hopefully aid in this discussion.