Forum OpenACS Q&A: Thoughts on Extending the Survey Module

Collapse
Posted by Staffan Hansson on
The ideas that have been ventilated in this thread all sounds very interesting to me. In fact, some of the issues, the didactical ones, are even within my field of expertise, for a change. But, as usual, I had trouble getting an overview of the big picture, like what is the extent of the survey project and what are the major aspects of it?

So I did what I usually do, I collected my thoughts in writing. The text I produced mainly offers a rough structure of thought, and the details (especially the technical) are to be taken with a grain of salt. Will you guys please have a look at it and see if you agree or disagree, and in what way, with my description of the extension of the Survey module that we are all contemplating.

Visit it now and you'll find that I've thrown in an extra text for you as a bonus; the exclusive first hand draft presentation of the Curriculum module we guys over at Polyxena are developing. (It's not as completed as the draft implies, though.) Of course, the same goes for that piece of work; if you have issues with it, please ventilate those in this forum.

Please look upon these thoughts as my (low-level) contribution to the initial proposal for the Survey spec doc that Matthew volunteered to provide. I took the liberty of putting it up for public scrutiny instead of sending him a private email. I just needed to paint my own mental map of what we are about to do, and the main thing for me is that my mental map resembles yours. If it doesn't, I'd like to know about it before I get lost.