Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Problem with newest xowiki

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
i believe, the problem is, that the automatic-views are lost, when dropping a column (this could happened, when upgrading without ltree). check in psql:

\d xowiki_objecti

if the view does not exist, please update from CVS and run ::xowiki::update_views from ds/shell.

If it was indeed this problem, it should be fixed already in CVS...

Collapse
Posted by Claudio Pasolini on
Thank You for answering, Gustaf!

xowiki_objecti did not exists, but updating from CVS and executing ::xowiki::update_views didn't solve the problem.

I reinstalled from scratch, but the problem is not gone. The point is that the following query returns zero rows:

oacs52=# select object_type from acs_object_types 
      where object_type like '::xowiki::%' 
                      order by tree_sortkey;
oacs52-# oacs52-#  object_type 
-------------
(0 rows)
ans so something else must be wrong.
Collapse
Interesting, wonder, what's wrong. I'll try to install everything from scratch, most likely earliest tomorrow.
Collapse
hmm, i did a fresh install with OpenACS head (no ltree), and the install was in regard of xotcl/xowiki flawless.

It seems, as if the ::Generic::CrClass create Page ... statement already fails in your install. try ::xo::db::has_ltree from ds/shell. This function is supposed to return 0, if ltree is not installed.

PS: the only problem in the fresh checkout was a missing variable declaration in the sql scripts of openacs-4/packages/acs-reference, which i fixed and committed to cvs. This has nothing to do with xowiki.

Collapse
::xo::db::has_ltree returns 0

I wonder if this can depend from the fact I used PostgreSQL 8.2 and Aolserver 4.5 that I never used before. Furthermore I will try to reinstall also xotcl.

Collapse
I did some more tests with this proven setup, so as to avoid any influence from new Aolserver and PostgreSQL versions:
  • PostgreSQL 7.4.13
  • Aolserver 4.0.10
  • xotcl 1.5.1
  • base code from cvs oacs-5-2, with dotlrn
  • xotcl-core 0.44
  • xowiki 0.37
All is working well with no errors. With the same setup, but without dotlrn, defining a new database and getting the latest xoctl-core and xowiki from cvs I get these errors during aolserver startup:
[05/Jan/2007:20:34:21][7077.1076464288][-main-] Error: Error sourcing /var/lib/aolserver/oacs52/packages/xowiki/tcl/xowiki-procs.tcl:
no such cache: xotcl_object_cache
    while executing
"error $errorMsg"
    (procedure "contains" line 15)
    ::xotcl::__#3 ::xo::OrderedComposite->contains
    ::xotcl::__#3 ::xotcl::Object->configure
    ::xo::OrderedComposite ::xotcl::Class->create
    ::xo::OrderedComposite ::xotcl::Class->new
    invoked from within
"xo::OrderedComposite new -volatile -contains [my cr_attributes]"
    (procedure "init" line 8)
    ::xowiki::Page ::Generic::CrClass->init
    ::Generic::CrClass ::xotcl::Class->create
    invoked from within
"::Generic::CrClass create Page -superclass ::Generic::CrItem  -pretty_name "XoWiki Page" -pretty_plural "XoWiki Pages"  -table_name "xowiki_page" -id_..."
    (in namespace eval "::xowiki" script line 6)
    invoked from within
"namespace eval ::xowiki {

#
  # create classes for different kind of pages
  #
  ::Generic::CrClass create Page -superclass ::Generic::CrItem \
   ..."
    (file "/var/lib/aolserver/oacs52/packages/xowiki/tcl/xowiki-procs.tcl" line 9)
    invoked from within
"source $__file "
and then:
[05/Jan/2007:20:34:21][7077.1076464288][-main-] Error: Error sourcing /var/lib/aolserver/oacs52/packages/xowiki/tcl/xowiki-www-procs.tcl:
invalid command name "File"
    while executing
"File instproc download {} {
    my instvar text mime_type package_id item_id revision_id
    $package_id set mime_type $mime_type
    set use_bg_deliv..."
    (in namespace eval "::xowiki" script line 274)
    invoked from within
"namespace eval ::xowiki {

Page instproc view {} {
    # view is used only for the toplevel call, when the xowiki page is viewed
    # this is not..."
    (file "/var/lib/aolserver/oacs52/packages/xowiki/tcl/xowiki-www-procs.tcl" line 32)
    invoked from within
"source $__file "