Forum OpenACS Development: Richtext and Safari

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I have the problem that certain applications (e.g. lars-blogger and project-manager) create a hidden element for the richtext(richtext) if htmlareap is disabled (either on the website or because it is safari). This results in "you have provided two values for content":

This is a problem that is plaging a lot of pages in openacs that are using textarea. The Templating system generates code taht contains a hidden content field:

<td class="form-widget">
                <textarea name="content" id="richtext__entry__content" cols="80" rows="20"></textarea><input type="hidden" name="content" value=""><input type="hidden" name="content.format" value=""><br/>Format: <select name="content.format" >
<option value="text/enhanced">Enhanced Text</option>
<option value="text/plain">Plain Text</option>
<option value="text/fixed-width">Fixed-width Text</option>
<option value="text/html">HTML</option>
</select>

Interestingly though it does not show up in forums when posting to a forum.

Did anyone experience this before and solved it? I will try to copy paste the declarations from forums, but so far I could not see the difference

Collapse
2: Re: Richtext and Safari (response to 1)
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
I was having this problem after I upgraded to 5.3.0b2. It seems to be fixed after applying this patch:

http://cvs.openacs.org/cvs/openacs-4/packages/acs-templating/tcl/richtext-procs.tcl?r1=1.25&r2=1.25.2.1