Forum .LRN Q&A: Grading System

Collapse
3: Grading System (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
A grading system for me is a system where any application can allow professors or other defined people to give a grade to someone else for a single or multiple objects.

More to the point. If a student uploads his thesis, the grading system should allow the professor to give a grade or points for this object to the owner (aka the student). If a student answers to a multiple choice survey the grading system should get the information from the survey, how good the student was (aka, he gets a grade for it). If a student wants to run a learning application (e.g. like javanti), which offers to give a grade afterwards, dotLRN should provide the learning application with the necessary information about the student using scorm and allow that application to store a grade for that learning application.

In addition to that, I'd love to see grades weighted. In Germany some universities work with credit points, so you should be able to store a grade along with the number of points (or the percentage) it is worth. Furthermore there should be the possibility to have multiple people give a grade for one item.

So far I got the impression that you'd like to add grading to a specific module. I would like to see grading as a seperate module / service, which allows the grading to happen on any object that is stored in the content repository (why not give someone a grade for a posting he has done in the forums).