Forum OpenACS Q&A: Open job position at WU Vienna
DevOps Software Developer and System Manager
You want to do work that makes a difference, assume responsibility, and help create ideal conditions for excellent research and teaching? We offer an environment where you can realize your full potential. At one of Europe’s largest and most modern business and economics universities. On a campus where quality of work is also quality of life. We are looking for support at the
Digital Teaching Services
Fulltime/Part-time, 40hours/week, a part time employment is possible
Starting March 01, 2022, and limited to 1 year
The WU has successfully been facilitating innovative digital teaching and the use of modern teaching and learning technologies since many years. As part of its digitalization strategy, the WU is further developing its competencies in digital teaching to increasingly offer digital exams in the future. We are looking for a person to support the future development in the area of e-assessments.
What to expect
You bring an end-to-end perspective to the introduction of e-assessment and work at the interface of didactics, e-learning technologies and IT infrastructure. Together with our team you implement extensions to the existing e-assessment environment and support the operation of the system as well as the roll-out of tools and software for students. As part of the team you play an active role in shaping the learning experience of our future students.
What you have to offer
- Experience with Linux and web based system environments
- Programming skills, experience with interface programming
- Knowledge of web based technologies (JavaScirpt, CSS, XML, RESTful APIs, …)
- Basic knowledge of security technologies
- Experience with requirements engineering together with various stakeholders
- Good language skills in English (oral and written)
- Self-responsible work mode
- Distinct collaboration and team player skills
- Experience with DevOps automation solutions is an asset
- Experience with state-of-the-art digital teaching and learning technologies is an asset
- Experience in the collaboration with experts of different knowledge areas is an asset
- Knowledge about organizational processes of a university is an asset
What we offer you
- A top business and economics university with renowned experts on the faculty and a diverse range of subjects, triple accredited
- Excellent infrastructure, both technologically and architecturally, and a wide range of WU service units
- Diversity and appreciation in an open-minded, inclusive and family-friendly environment
- Flexibility and individual freedom thanks to flexible working hours
- Inspiring campus life with over 2,400 employees in research, teaching, and administration and approximately 21,500 students on a conveniently located, architecturally unique campus in the heart of Vienna
- Meaningful work in a pleasant working atmosphere
- If you are not a native German speaker, the WU offers language courses on various levels for employees
The minimum monthly gross salary amounts to €2,791.40, subject to adjustment if candidates can document relevant prior professional experience.
Do you want to join the WU team?
Then please submit your application by February 16, 2022 (ID 1266).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please note that proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 or, for individuals who have recovered from a COVID-19 infection, appropriate proof (recovery certificate, quarantine notice, doctor’s confirmation) is a prerequisite for employment at WU. Exceptions apply if vaccination is not possible for medical reasons, which must be documented and confirmed by a medical specialist. For individuals vaccinated with vaccines not authorized by the European Medicines Agency (EMA), proof of vaccination must be provided in the form of proof of neutralizing antibodies not older than 90 days. In all other cases, employment at WU is only possible if during the application process, the candidate expresses a willingness to become vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. A written declaration to this effect must be signed when the employment contract is finalized.