Forum OpenACS Development: AWS SDK for TCL/NaviServer

Collapse
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
It is still an experimental version but it works with the examples I have. At the moment, it has support for S3 and DynamoDB. I plan to add support for Lambda and SQS soon.

You can get it from my aws-sdk-tcl repository. I wrote some docs (TCL S3 and TCL DynamoDB) and I plan to write some more soon.

Here is what I have been listening the whole time while developing this. It is a song by Sokratis Malamas, a Greek singer-songwriter, called As pan stin eyxi ta palia (Let the old ones go to the wish). It is part of a series of old folk songs that he recorded with two guitars, as a tribute to the composers who influenced him and helped him make a living as a musician. The song was originally composed and written by Apostolos Kaldaras.

Collapse
Perhaps, this is a better translation of the song title: "Let the bygones go their way"
Collapse
Support for AWS TCL Lambda is in as well. I do not recommend creating your lambda functions this way. This is mostly for invoking the lambda if you want. When I am fully done with the services I want to support in the AWS SDK for TCL, I will write a guide with best practices (it is not going to be soon).
Collapse
Some basic TCL IAM support so that examples do not rely on tools other than localstack to try them out.
Collapse
Support for TCL AWS SQS added. I've also added scan table command to dynamodb module and a way to convert from typed response to simply TCL.
Collapse
Some support for TCL AWS SSM added (put, get, and delete parameter). I've also added more SQS commands.

This is about as much as it would go into the first version. I just need to figure out how to bundle the code separately from aws-sdk-cpp.

Collapse
First release is out. I have eliminated aws-sdk-cpp as a submodule of the repository. That means, it needs to be compiled independently. The release includes six different modules: s3, dynamodb, lambda, sqs, iam, and ssm. Plan for the future is to improve documentation, provide use cases, and support more AWS services.

You can find all available information at the aws-sdk-tcl repo.

Collapse
macOS support is in the latest release and updated build/install instructions. You can get it from here.