Forum OpenACS Development: Use non-core packages from which branch, main or oacs-5-10 ?

I plan to use the the OpenACS 5.10 branch from Github. For the non-core packages, which branch of those should I use with OpenACS core 5.10? My guess is that if the package has an oacs-5-10 branch tag, I should use that, and if it does not, I should use main. Does that sound right? There are sometimes other non-branch tags though, like openacs-5-10-compat, so I'm not sure.

Checking some (not all!) of the non-core packages, these do have an oacs-5-10 tag, which I think (but did not check) is always a branch tag:
xotcl-core, xotcl-request-monitor, xowf, xowiki, xml-rpc, acs-datetime, acs-events, attachments, boomerang, bulk-mail, calendar, categories, contacts-lite, file-storage, forums, general-comments, news.

But these do not have the oacs-5-10 tag:
bug-tracker, cronjob, dbm, file-manager, messages, monitoring, project-manager, redirect, ref-currency, ref-us-states, ref-us-zipcodes, timezones, s5, schema-browser, site-wide-search, soap-db, soap-gateway, tsoap, version-control, webmail-system, workflow.

Indeed, you should expect the latest release branch to be available only for those packages that are officially supported.

For other packages, the main branch (which translates from the cvs HEAD) , is the place where the latest code is found.

The *-compat and other tags are translated from cvs and they refer to the OpenACS convention explained at https://openacs.org/doc/cvs-guidelines.html

Keep in mind that the oacs-5-10 branch is currently used as development branch, hence you should expect bleeding edge code from there now. For a more stable codebase you may prefer to stick with one of the release tags.

Hope this helps

Antonio