Forum OpenACS Development: Re: install documentation of aolserver

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Okay, nsopenssl works out of the box when using the CVS version with AOLserver 4.5. At least I had no problems compiling it for client sites.

As for bashing on my script, this script works on redhat (when using YUM as mentioned) along with it's latest versions, debian, ubunutu and mac "OS X" (without using the apt-get commands, because everything is installed). So saying it works only on one specific installation is, well, wrong.

Now, as for using the existing packages that e.g. Debian provides, the reason here (at least for me) is that I want to have a webserver running and not necessarily use the packages that are precompiled. Is thread support in every TCL package? I can't say for sure. What about the database and tsearch2 / ltree ? Last time I tried this with the existing packages I spend half a day to figure out they were not worth the effort (nothing worked as the were not compiled the way I needed them).

But this is something where people can go each way they want. I would still keep the link to the script in there though and link to the tarball which allows you to run "install.sh".