Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Res: Re: Problem with newest xowiki

Collapse
Posted by Jose Agustin Lopez Bueno on
Hi, Gustaf!

I am having problems trying the install of xowiki portlet in
oacs 5.2 with postgres 8.2 with ltree contrib installed.
I have read all forums threads but I can not rid off the
error.

Can you help me?

-----------------------------------------------------
Xowiki Portlet Administration
Error in include template "/var/lib/aolserver/oacs_5_2/packages/xowiki-portlet/www/xowiki-admin-portlet": Transaction aborted: Database operation "dml" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a DML or DDL command.") SQL: insert into xowiki_objecti (item_id,revision_id,creation_user,title,description,mime_type,nls_language,text,page_order,creator) values ('17923357','17923356','506','::17923355',NULL,'text/plain','en_US','# this is the payload of the folder object #set index_page "index" ',NULL,NULL)
-------------------------------------------------------
From postgres log:
insert into xowiki_objecti (item_id,revision_id,creation_user,title,description,mime_type,nls_language,text,page_order,creator) values ('17923013','17923012','506','::17922984',NULL,'text/plain','en_US','kkkk',NULL,NULL);
ERROR: null value in column "object_type" violates not-null constraint
CONTEXT: SQL statement "INSERT INTO acs_objects (object_id, object_type, title, package_id, context_id, creation_date, creation_user, creation_ip, security_inherit_p) values ( $1 , $2 , $3 , $4 , $5 , $6 , $7 , $8 , $9 )"
PL/pgSQL function "acs_object__new" line 40 at SQL statement
PL/pgSQL function "content_revision__new" line 33 at assignment
PL/pgSQL function "content_revision__new" line 15 at return
SQL statement "select content_revision__new( $1 , $2 , now(), $3 , $4 , case when $5 is null then $6 else $5 end, content_symlink__resolve( $7 ), $8 , now(), $9 , $10 , $11 )"
PL/pgSQL function "xowiki_object_f" line 5 at SQL statement

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
You seem to have a mixed versions of several packages.
The error message says "Query was not a DML or DDL command." which means, that
  • you are using the PostgreSQL updates from OpenACS 5.3 to handle the deadlock problems (using stored procedures such as "xowiki_object_f" instead of the old PostgreSQL rewrite rules),
  • but you are using the core of 5.2, in which case xotcl-core uses the db_dml operation.
Correct?

As long you have this configuration, look into xotcl-core/tcl/generic-procs and search for the insert_view_operation. uncomment the following line:

#CrItem set insert_view_operation db_0or1row

This command will set the db-operation to the given value, no matter what your acs-core says.

Hope this helps!

best regard
-gustaf neumann

Ok, Gustaf.

You are right in all!

This works ok now.
I'll test it and I'll tell you my comments.

Regards,
Agustín