Forum OpenACS Q&A: Who created the Alex favicon.ico.

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on
Who created the cute Alex favicon.ico, and what is the best open source way to create these icons?
Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Ellis on
Dunno as to the first (nice work!); but for the second, just make a 16x16 tile with gimp or your favorite img editor, and convert it to windows icon ("ICO") format with ImageMagick.
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Tom,

I created it, but I used a windows based shareware icon editor. Besides being 16x16, the favicon.ico must also only use at 16 color palette. That is the tricky part. Also there is a way to build a two-part ico file witha  16x16 image and a 32x32 image (which can also use more colors).

Collapse
Posted by Michael Bluett on
I have recently had reason to add an OpenACS link to my favourites (sorry Americans!), and I must say I liked the image, it looks really good after you have clicked on it, when it is "grey highlighted".
Collapse
5: 'Powered by' logo? (response to 4)
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
By the way, is there a version of the new logo that can be used to create a backlink to openacs.org, with a 'Powered by' text or something similar?

If not - a nice way for graphic designers to get some credits 😉

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on

I've used this powered by logo for over 2 years. I don't know where the original is (but a search through the forums would tell you).

Collapse
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
That's the one I know - I meant it would be cool to have one that is done in the new design. Just the image that's now in the upper left corner plus soft edges on the right and maybe the 'Powered by' string.