Forum OpenACS Development: Re: AOLserver Update

Collapse
7: Re: AOLserver Update (response to 6)
Posted by Neophytos Demetriou on
"I've done some comparisons between AOLserver 3.5.1 and AOLserver 3.3.1 + ad13 + oacs1.  The doc is incomplete, particulary regarding i18n, but hopefully useful.  I started from Rob's AD13 distribution notes. "

Jamie, I suggest that you take a look at Pierre's i18n patches (available at SF) since they were made for 3.4 -- that will at least save you some time rather than starting from 3.3.1+ad13. Still, if you want to start from 3.3.1+ad13 it might be good to contact him. Just for the record, I'm using Pierre's patches under 3.4 and they seem to work fine.

Collapse
8: Re: AOLserver Update (response to 7)
Posted by Jamie Rasmussen on
I've looked at Pierre's patches briefly - they only cover the i18n modifications, but are certainly a good starting point for that issue.  (SF Patch #570072)  Thanks for the pointer!  I'll add this to the Wiki doc.

ad13 had a number of non-i18n related bugfixes and added features as well.  I'm hoping we can move any of these that are necessary over to the main AOLserver tree as well.  I don't want to leave any excuses for people not to upgrade. 😊