Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: MSIE HTML edit control for ETP?

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Rob,

To replace the Text Area with MSIE HTML edit control is possible and is proven, but like what I have stated "caution must be taken" for CMS application.  MSIE HTML edit even makes ETP/modETP less CMS capable.  Style and layout are placed in the content, plus images are linked via absolute URLs. I have put up the above post since I have experienced this problems first hand.  Its my unbiased opinion to people who want to implement a real CMS solution with a WYSIWYG and not to use the MSIE HTML edit route. The use of MSIE HTML edit control on modETP suits our needs and situation, which is ok by me.

Although I would discourage others from using it, especially in the context of CMS.  Hopefully other people (not just Guan) maybe in a situation wherein they can build a WYSIWYG editor that is ok on general use and CMS use.  Thanks for understanding.

Collapse
Posted by Tilmann Singer on
Does this IE HTML widget allow the form builder to limit the html elements it accepts? E.g. could I build a form that displays this widget but it only allows <b> and <i> and nothing else besides normal text?