Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: calendar and newbie comments

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Thanks again for the comments 😊 I'll try to answer what I can - hope it doesn't seem too jumbled.

Like others mentioned, I would recommend using 4.6 with PG 7.2.3 if you can. Though 4.6 is not officially released yet, there is a test tarball here.

Report bugs on the bugtracker as Til noted and report the fact that package email addresses are not up-to-date as bugs!

You're right, the tarball README should point to better instructions. Jeff fixed this in the 4.6 release.

A progress bar in the docs is a nice idea. Proper patches always accepted 😉 And as I mentioned in your other thread, a more automated install script is something that a lot of people are interested in.

I would also like to make 'backup' builtin to OpenACS, likely using Tom Jackson's cronjob package. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to make this a reality.

Lachlan explained the use of the mount link. I'm not sure why unmounted applications don't appear on your setup. That seems like a bug. It works on my 4.6 setup.

No one is in charge of reading forums and farming out instructions to authors. It's expected that authors are following the forums and responding the best they can. Probably not the best system, I admit.

I think one of the plans for the new (wonderful!!!) openacs.org website was to have package-centric pages/portals. I'm not sure if this is still in the works.

Specifically which operations are sluggish? Perhaps a bug report is in order if it is reproducible.

Kevin: There should be a tutorial for how to do this (and maybe my own experiences will form the basis of one)

Now you're in for it. By standard #openacs (IRC) rules, you've officially volunteered for this task 😊