Forum OpenACS Development: Templating system documentation

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
I just committed to CVS some notes regarding usage of the include tag with pages vs fragments of pages.

I also added documentation for the include-optional and include-output tags that were added by lars, along with references to ad_form to the templating system forms documentation.

I would like to kindly ask our developer community to be mindful of our users, and _never_ commit functionality (especially functions/tags) without also committing documentation.

It alienates users, developers and weakens and fragments the community. Right now I think an "OpenACS Hidden Secrets" book would be larger than an "OpenACS" book, if they were written.

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Oh, I forgot to say. Would somebody who knows how to use the formhelp tag add documentation for that please? I didn't have time to figure out how to use it. Please include notes on how to use it with ad_form if you feel it's appropriate.
Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi RBM,

I don't have much time... But I now I used that once.  Here it is.

Ex. on ad_form

{upload_file:file(file),optional {help_text {Only .txt files will be accepted.}} {label "or Upload a File"}}

On ad_form using {mywidget:text(text) {help_text {my help text}}}  "my help text" will be placed under mywidget.

Sorry haven't used on non ad_form.  Hopefully its an ok start.