Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Rudimentary development method questions

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
1) To execute a pl/pgsql stored procedure in psql just do select functioname(params);

2) I use M-x sql-postgres mode or M-x sql-oracle. sql-oracle mode is nice because you can use C-up/down arrow to scroll back through your previous commands.

3) Yes, to use the search package and service contracts, you must have acs_objects.

4) You can either use generic storage (acs_attributes) or type specific storage, which means creating a table with the object_id as the foreign key.

5) That is how they are executed when the sql script is loaded. It is only necessary for postgresql.

6) I use less error.log. Use F to mimic tail -f. Use C-c to stop and F to start it up again. G goes to the end. ? searches  backward / searches forward. I usually hit G after I get an error in the browser and then ?error to search for the error message and scroll back until I see the query that caused it.

7) Reloading the package should read in the xql files if they are registered in the .info file for the package.

8) in packages/search/www/doc/ or browse to yourserver/search/doc/ (or https://openacs.org/search/doc/)

9) pass
10) I am not done reading it yet.