Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Problem with ns_xmlrpc

Collapse
4: Re: Problem with ns_xmlrpc (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
If you gather up all the pieces and rename them so they load in order it will run. I think the best way to use TclSOAP is to just load all the code into the initial interpreter with the rest of OpenACS. Currently that means you will be using the HTTP package included with Tcl instead of the AOLserver HTTP procedures.

Also it required ns_expat and ns_tcldom. I am not sure if they  will compile with AOLserver 3.5 or 3.4.

I think a better way would be to add and XML abstraction that allowed you to use whatever XML parser you were already using with AOLServer. Either ns_xml or in the future ns_tdom probably. Or allow OpenACS to work with nstcldom. But as far as I know noone is maintaining that.

Anyway, all I did was run some of the samples included with TclSOAP for soap and xmlrpc. They did work but I did not do any work to integrate with OpenACS at all. Ideally there would be some acs-service-contract magic to import and export methods that is beyond me.

Also it seems like AOLserver could some day be more compatible with standard tcl packages, but currently it is a challange to make it all work.