Forum OpenACS CMS: Re: Examples of OpenACS CMS

Collapse
Posted by Gregor Obernosterer on
hey Ian, we built an CMS for the United Nations using OpenACS. We had to customize though and our system doesn't fully rely on the content repository. If you want I can send you a distribution copy of the package. Under http://www.unido.org/doc/doc you can find a comprehensive documentation about the features/restrictions of the system. /gregor
Collapse
Posted by Thomas Carpentier on
Hi Gregor.
Is your offer always valid? I am interested in getting a copy of your package. The unido site is one of the best sites I've seen. Great work!

Thomas

Collapse
Posted by Ian Boyle on
Hi Gregor,
thanks for your reply and the offer of a distribution of the package - may take you up on this at some stage. There's been a bit of a gap since my last post - I'm back actively looking at CMS now. The CMS site you've created looks very impressive.

I must admit, I never got my head fully around the OpenACS CMS. There's a few of us here looking at it now so hopefully we'll get a better grip of it.

I have a couple of questions:
1. What are the main differences between your package and the standard OpenACS CMS core package?
and
2. How did you find the OpenACS CMScore package?

Collapse
Posted by James Bennin on
I took a look at the UNIDO site. It looks great!  I wanted to know how you went about developping such a site with CMS.  I want to create a web with the same ideas, where the user can type in the search anything and it will bring up some result.      I am currently using OpenACS 4.6.3 with PostgreSQL 7.2 running on Red Hat Linux 8.0.  How did you configure the search because my search is not bringing up any results.  Plaus I want users to be able to upload and download files.

THank you