Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Error: return: failed to redirect '404': exceeded recursion limit of 3

ARGH. Install another version, from scratch? I don't even have 4.5 working yet. Install 4.6. Hmmpphhhffff. Maybe if I get 4.5 working and like it!

So I had pageroot as /somepath/${servername} without /www on the end. I don't recall that in the instructions, maybe I missed it:(

So now I get a server error on accessing my root url.

In the error log I see:

[04/Dec/2002:16:55:29][2471.7176][-conn4-] Error: invalid command name "ad_page_contract"
invalid command name "ad_page_contract"
    while executing
"ad_page_contract {

OpenACS main index page.  This is the standard page that is used to allow users
    to login to the site.  You can customize t..."
    (file "/www/nsroot/OrganicRomantic/www/index.tcl" line 1)
    invoked from within
"source $file"
    invoked from within
"ns_sourceproc cns0 {}"

More help please! Thanks:)
BTW, you guys sure are helpful and fast.

It doesn't seem that much effort to me - you don't need to reinstall aolserver or posgresql to start with 4.6 instead (if you are using the required versions), just checkout the oacs-4-6 to the place where you currently have unpacked the 4.5 tarball (backup before if you modified something there).

Anyway, your current error looks like a configuration issue again. Check the 'library' parameter:

ns_section "ns/server/${servername}/tcl"
ns_param library "/web/${servername}/tcl"

Did you look for an example nsd config file that is referenced from the OpenACS documentation? This stuff should be mentioned in there.