Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Error: return: failed to redirect '404': exceeded recursion limit of 3

Hi Tammy,

I am unsure if PG 7.3 will work 100% with OpenACS see this thread

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=64527

Also the owner of the pg driver should not cause the problem.  Atleast based from my experience, since sometimes I use root to compile and install the driver.  Anyway should you need to go back to 7.2.x maybe the pg driver was not compiled properly.

Hi

Thanks again:) I already ran into some of these. I actually started walking through errors and fixing them. The int4/bit casting, etc. Guess it makes more sense to use the version of postgres that is known to work with OACS... I have this horrible need to use the latest version of everything I install... so I can wait longer to upgrade in my mind;( There is flaw in that logic I know.
Thanks for reminding me the goal was to try out OACS! I am downgrading to postgres 7.2.x today:)

Hold of further work on OpenACS to make it PG 7.3 compatible.

1. PG 7.3 has a bug that requires a patch to PG. As a result of this bug, complex queries such as the site-map query fail. Better to wait for PG 7.3.1.
  2. I've completed a set of patches to OpenACS that make it compatible to PG 7.3. These patches will soon be committed to the HEAD of the OpenACS CVS.

/Bart

Collapse
17: Re: libpq.so.2 not found (response to 14)
Posted by tammy m on
Well I re-installed postgres 7.2.3 from source and am back to the original problem of libpq.so.2 not being found when aolserver is started up.

If I remove 7.2.3 and re-install postgres 7.3, this problem goes away. But then as already discussed, postgres 7.3 does not work with OACS 4.5 yet.

SO what is causing this problem with 7.2.3? It is incredibly frustrating.

I installed nspostgres 3.5 today with POSTGRES=/path/to/pgsql and INST=/path/to/aolserver (install directories, not source directories. I assume this to be correct as nspostgres.so is installed in the correct place.) and ACS=1 all set.

When I run ldconfig with "-p" I see that libpq.so and libpq.so.2 are both in ldconfig cache.

Yet when I start aolserver, I see "libpq.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory."

I'm on RedHat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.19 + ac4 patch installed.

Can someone please tell me why this is happening?!!!

thanks.