Forum OpenACS Q&A: openfts 3.2

Collapse
Posted by Erik Rogneby on
Is anyone here running openfts-tcl 3.2?

If so did you have any issues upgrading?  I have a pg dump that I am pretty sure used a earlier version which is looking for relkov.so (which I think can be taken care of with the sql patch in the contrib directory), but also I'm getting:

ERROR:  DefineIndex: operator class "gist__intbig_ops" not supported by access method "gist"

Basically I am wondering if anyone has openfts-tcl 3.2 working with the openacs?

Thanks!

Collapse
2: Re: openfts 3.2 (response to 1)
Posted by Bart Teeuwisse on
Erik,

I have OpenFTS working with PG 7.2.3 but can't get it to work with PG 7.3.

/Bart

Collapse
3: Re: openfts 3.2 (response to 1)
Posted by Jun Yamog on
I am running openfts 3.2 with no probs on PG 7.2.3.  Also running it on RH RPM 7.2.2.  Both are using OpenACS.
Collapse
4: Re: openfts 3.2 (response to 3)
Posted by Andrei Popov on
I keep on having a problem initing it. Getting (off the top of my head -- away from the installation now) someting along the lines of
Search::OpenFTS::Index::init opt does not exist
or some such thing. Comes from /openfts-driver/www/admin/initialize-2.tcl
Collapse
5: Re: openfts 3.2 (response to 1)
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
Go to the site map and set the tcl source path for the openfts driver.  Then restart the server and try again.
Collapse
6: Re: openfts 3.2 (response to 5)
Posted by Andrei Popov on
It has been set, as described in the "Next Steps" of the doc.  I sure will double check it, but I remember setting it...
Collapse
7: Re: openfts 3.2 (response to 1)
Posted by Roberto Mello on
I'm getting an error while running the configure script on Search-OpenFTS-tcl-0.3.2. It just hangs there when creating Makefile.global:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile.global

ps shows a sed process invoked by configure that uses all of the CPU time but never seems to  finish whatever it's doing.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

-Roberto

Collapse
8: Re: openfts 3.2 (response to 1)
Try deleting the configure script and then run 'autoconf' in the same directory without any args. Then try running configure again.
Collapse
9: Re: openfts 3.2 (response to 1)
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Thanks Dan, but the problem was that I was trying to use the Tcl 8.3.2 tree under AOLserver. configure didn't seem to like that. When I used /usr/lib/tcl8.3/ (with the tcl8.3-dev Debian package installed) then it worked fine (horray for #openacs!).

Thanks again.

-Roberto

Collapse
10: Re: openfts 3.2 (response to 1)
The fact that aolserver is now using a stock tcl distro will help alleviate these kinds of problems in the future.  I've been using aolserver 3.5.1 for a short time, and I use the same tcl installation for both aolserver and for a standalone tclsh.  I find to be quite nice, since openfts is designed to work with both.