Forum OpenACS Q&A: Press Package

Collapse
Posted by Gilbert Price on
I just installed the press Package into my OACS 4.6 testing machine. When I go to my /press directory I get a Permission Denied "You do not have permission to access this page. ".

I am the site-wide-admin. As I am aware of custom permissions in some modules/packages, I went to my /permissions directory and tried to add press permissions to myself. There are no selections of that sort available.

I then added myself with explicit admin, create, read, write, delete persmissions under Press Permissions, restarted my server. I still get the Permission Denied page.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Collapse
2: Re: Press Package (response to 1)
If anyone has any idea how to solve this, I am all ears...Still looking for a solution...

Thanks,

Collapse
3: Re: Press Package (response to 2)
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
Hi Gilbert,

It looks like Press was never ported to PG. Unfortunately, the .info file reports that it has PG support, so that's why it shows up in your list of packages to install. Fixing that now.

I'm not sure, but I think that ETP can be used to recreate Press functionality. Someone smart please respond 😊

Collapse
4: Re: Press Package (response to 1)
Thanks Vinod for posting a reply.

That explains it perfectly...

I'll delve into ETP deeper, I just set up a site at work that uses etp at the www level so I do have some room to play.

Thanks,