Forum OpenACS Development: Re: New template tags - switch statement

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Roberto ... for a good time ...

Did you make the -cancel_url etc switches work with the "-confirm_template" feature of ad_form?

This (as yet) little known, even more rarely used feature partially automates the generation of "confirm"-style pages.  A chief benefit is that you can still use a single add/edit script and can associate it with a separate "confirm" template that formats and displayes the content (which might be, for instance, a bboard post or the like).

I also have a bunch of widgets from Greenpeace that folks might find interesting.  I've been hoping to find time to straighten them out for use with standard OpenACS and ad_form but if you're interested in playing more with form templating and widgets let me know and I can drop the GP widgets in your lap.

Also ... why don't we make your CSS'd lars-standard form template the OpenACS standard form template in HEAD and rename the current one "ugly-blue" ???

Anyone object to this?

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Don,

Hmm, good point. I did not. But I'll look into it. Thanks for the tip.

I'd like to take a look at the GP widgets btw. Perhaps I can help getting them into the tree.

I can commit my CSS version to HEAD, but I'm not super at CSS and most likely there are things that can be improved, so it'd be good if someone better at CSS would look at it.

I think Jeff had done some work on a proposal to standardize CSS usage on the toolkit. Perhaps this could be the start of it.

-Roberto