Forum OpenACS Development: Re: export_vars and (form)vars containing colons

Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
Thanks Lars. That stuff finally works.

I have made a patch for the spellchecker against a recent check-out from HEAD and I put it here: https://openacs.org/bugtracker/openacs/bug?bug%5fnumber=165

In summary, here's what the patch contains and where I've put stuff... If you don't like where I've put procs and files, I'll make a new patch. Also if you have questions or suggestions for improvements, please post them here.

Added files:

- acs-templating/resources/forms/spellcheck.adp
- acs-templating/resources/forms/spellcheck.tcl
This is the main spellcheck template that one may include in ones local "-spellcheck_template".

- acs-templating/resources/forms/spelling-dictionary-add-to.tcl
A script that lets you add words to a global dictionary file (ispell-words - it gets created in this dir upon addition of the first word). Adding words prevent them from getting "caught" in the future.

- acs-templating/resources/forms/webspell
ispell-wrapper which sets the HOME env variable (this is the file where you choose between ispell or aspell and set the correct path to it, etc).

Changed files:

- acs-tcl/tcl/formprocessing-procs.tcl

Modifications to ad_form include; added support for spellchecking, documentation of the new switches and an example of their use.

I also added two procs related to spellchecking in this library file - the actual spellchecking proc and a helper.

- acs-templating/tcl/form-procs.tcl

Added code which determines whether the "Check Spelling" button should be displayed at all and whether it should have a custom label (if "-spellcheck-label" is specified).

I think this is mosty it.

In this version there's only support via using ad_form but perhaps, if there is a need for it, we can try to make it work from the form builder, too...