Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Implementing SCORM 1.3 in OpenACS/dotLRN

Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Staffan,

As I mentioned before in the reply to Lars: as of now we don't have any company/organization funding this initiative. However, we believe this is the way to go, and I'm really happy to hear that Michael feels the same way. I would leave the financial issues to Malte if you want to see how S&R is dealing with this implementation (of course, if he believes it is appropriate).

Our interest in SCORM is not new. S&R has been inquiring about SCORM for at least three months and it was back then when we started analyzing the possibility of incorporating SCORM into OpenACS. In addition, since the very beginning we've been actively looking for partners/developers to work with us.

Now in terms of collaboration, we are quite happy to hear that you guys are working on SS, and I hope, you want to collaborate with us. Yesterday you posted your datamodel and I sent you the specs we have for the sequencing engine. We should talk about the datamodels and further integration issues.

We don't have many resources, but we are on SCORM 1.3 until we see it fully implemented at least as it was described on the first posting I submitted, and that includes a sequence engine -yours if you want to work together.

You take it easy and looking forward to hear from you,

Ernie