Forum OpenACS Q&A: Oacs 4.5 won't start due to a Postgres Error.

I installed dotLrn so I have to create and drop an instance many times, but suddenly other instances of OACS 4.5 won't work now, when I restart the service, I got the following:

OpenACS Installation: Error

We found the following problems with your PostgreSQL installation:

* PL/pgSQL has not been created in your database. Execute the following command while logged in as a PostgreSQL "superuser":

createlang plpgsql your_database_name

This is the log message:

[24/Jan/2003:04:47:08][12744.1024][-main-] Error: We found the following proble\ms with your PostgreSQL installation:

PL/pgSQL has not been created in your database. Execute the following command while logged in as a PostgreSQL
"superuser": createlang pl\pgsql your_database_name

[24/Jan/2003:04:47:08][12744.1024][-main-] Notice: database problem found; Sourcing the installer.

I have like 7 sites working on this server, just 3 instaces had stopped working, the other ones seem to work without problem.
I tried to drop an instance and recreate with a backup and it worked, but I am worried about the other instances and if I might got the same problem in the future.
The sites have been working allright for months until today, does anyone have any idea of what might be the problem?

Collapse
Posted by Michael Bluett on
I have also had this problem with the language going "walk about" on OpenACS 4.5, PG 7.2.3 and RH 6.2.  I didn't find a solution - as it was just a test installation I reinstalled.  I was using Jerry Asher's multi-site hosting with AOLServer 3.3+ad13, and hosting two development sites.  I had just restarted AOLServer numerous times (the master server was having difficulties seeing the socket file).
Collapse
Posted by Luis Armando Arriola on

The error is not still clear to me, but I got it working.
I discovered there was a submitted bug fot the file:

/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/db-init-checks-postgresql.tcl

the one that launch the postgres error according to the log, so I went to the CVS and downloaded the file, and sites worked correctly.

I looked the file with the cvs web interface in this link:
http://dev.openacs.org:8000/cvs/