Forum OpenACS CMS: Re: Openacs 4.7 New CMS Planning

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Don,

Which ever you think is best.  What we need is a way to sort on a per folder level.  Plus the fact that the sorting has to be across level.  Tree_sortkey does accomplish this.  Here is a sample

AAA
  BAA
  BBA
  BBC
  BBB

Aside from having the ability to sort BAA, BBA and BBB on level 2.  When BBA moves BBC must move with it, since its the parent node.  There is also a way to sort when you relate CR items.  A sort order column is an optional field.  The problem with this sort order column is that it does not have notion of heirarchy.  Also it is pretty redundant to relate child items to its parent again just to gain some sorting.

In my opinion a good direction to take is how to make the explicit sorting on CR on both the child-parent and relationship aspect of CR.

Oh yeah my sorting is also not good in terms of performance and may also make the tree unstable.  Its similar to Luke's implementation.  I only added bi directional sorting.  We really need to come up with sorting since on smaller CMS site explicit sorting is needed.  Bigger CMS sites tend to use date and/or categories.