Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Install Documentation and Recomendations for dotLRN 1.0

I'm sorry if my post seemed unfair Don. I have a lot of admiration for what this group is doing. I was reacting mostly to Ola's post suggesting that 4.7 from CVS head should be used to set up the server for a test installation of dotLRN 1.0. I imagined the test to be about - lets see what this software can do for us rather than lets find our the latest bugs. We were frustrated by such advice late last year because 4.5 from head (before you adopted 4.6 for the next version) and dotLRN 1.0 from head almost never seemed to be a working combination (we tried every couple of days for about 2 weeks and different things were broken each time). I was telling everyone how great your software was and ended up with egg on my face because I couldn't make it run fully.

I understand that a great deal was in flux at the time, but some attention could have been given to tagging a working combination in cvs so newcomers wishing to try something out could go for that.

The only sense in which the comparison is fair is the number of posts I see saying things like - we should aim to pick off WebCT users.

I want you to succeed and I apologise if I caused offense.