Forum OpenACS Q&A: Confused!

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Am getting very confused by allow_persistent_login_p.

I have tried changing the parameter via the site map from true to false (1 to 0) and restarting the server but the value in index.adp (@allow_persistent_login_p@) remains true.

So I tried setting the value in the default-master.tcl file to false - but the value in index.adp remains true.

So I tried setting the value right at the end of index.tcl to false - but the value in index.adp remains true.

How!???

I cannot even see evidence of this variable being looked up using parameter::get or passed between templates. I can however see queries in the server log which are retrieving a value from postgres but I do not understand why that parameter value does not change when updated in the site map.

Yours
Flummoxed of Sussex!

Collapse
2: Re: Confused! (response to 1)
Posted by Lars Pind on
Richard,

One very confusing aspect of this parameter (which I'm, btw, planning of fixing in the upcoming external authentication work) is that it exists both in acs-kernel and acs-subsite, and I forget which one is actually used.

Try setting them both.

/Lars

Collapse
3: Re: Confused! (response to 1)
Lars, Thank you very much for the reply. Looking in the kernel parameters section, guess what I found - and guess what it did!! Thanks.

Not clear why it is necessary to have two AllowPersistentLoginP parameters though?
Regards
Richard
Collapse
4: Re: Confused! (response to 1)
Posted by Lars Pind on
It's not. It's a bug. One of them needs to be removed.

/Lars

Collapse
5: Re: Confused! (response to 4)
Well I think that I am picking things up quite quickly so I hope soon to be able to volunteer with confidence to help with stuff like that. Many thanks for your help.
Richard
Collapse
6: Re: Confused! (response to 1)
Posted by Lars Pind on
That's good to hear, Richard. I'll look forward to your patch :)

/Lars