Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Notes on reinstall of developmental computer

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Jade,

Just for grins, try installing the glibc patch again, and then rerunning the script to create the database.  I got lots of 3113 errors when I hadn't done it, which is awfully close to what you're getting.

To prevent the runaway process, look at sqlora8.sh and then manually run just the first script (I forget the name).  That way if it fails, it won't take off on you.  Just remember this:  once you get it to work, you have to comment that line out of sqlora8.sh - you can't run the script twice!

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Janine, thank you for the help!!!! 😊 Hmmm, I hope this patch actually works on 8.1.6.... Oh, and I also never did the original i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh or export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 when I ran the Oracle installer.

Installing the glibc patch again

• cd $ORACLE_HOME
  • tar xzf /tmp/glibc2.1.3-stubs.gz
  • ./setup_stubs I didn't notice any error messages.
  • I'm going through the dbassist process again.
  • When I get to the part where you enter the Global Database Name (ora8) and SID (ora8), it returns an error window: The Oracle system identifier ora8 already exists. Specify another SID.

Question #1: Should I do something to clear our the ora8 that's already there, or should I type something else in?

Question #2: I have a copy of the entire /ora8 directory from my production box that was copied from last night while the database was shut down. Can I just copy that over the /ora8 directory on this production box, and be ready to go?