Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OpenACS 4.6 does not yet work with Oracle 9i?

Collapse
Posted by Hazi Gharagozlou on
Taking the bull by the horns.

I have started migrating OACS 4.6 from Oracle 8i (8.1.7) to Oracle 9i (9.2.) on a Suse 8.1 machine (Oracle seems to prefer Suse to Red Hat). I have had to do the following to make it work.

A. The famous delete and rename. Oracle 9i does not mind a package having either delete or rename as functions or procedures, however it will not allow addressing the variable by its dot notation (i.e. where object_id = acs_objects.delete.object_id). For the moment, I have gone through all packages and have removed all leading dot notations (i.e. where object_id = object_id).

It seems to work

B. SQLJ error. While loading packages I got the following error message:

Loading SQLJ code /web/ilo/packages/acs-content-repository/java/Regexp-oracle.sqlj...
arguments: '-verbose' '-user' 'ilo/xxxx' '/web/ilo/packages/acs-content-repository/java/Regexp-oracle.sqlj'
oracleora9: relocation error: /ora9/m01/app/oracle/product/9.2/lib/libjox9.so: undefined symbol: __fixunssfdi
SQL Error while connecting with oci8 driver to default database: ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

Thanks to a Suse user I was able to correct the above by

1. Installed the latest sdk (1.4)from sun
2. Modified $ORACLE_HOME/bin/loadjava - changed JAVA_HOME to point to the newer sdk

Linking with 9i libraries

C. rel_contstraints_violated view. - Also thanks to an OpenACS user, I have also changed the view from constraints_rels.* to include all actual column names.

I still have a problem. On a fresh install after admin name and password screen, the system hangs. I am going to chase this problem next week.