Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Adding to acs_datatypes and cleaning up acs_attributes.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
It would be nice if each template::data::validate proc were mirrored with a template::widget proc, even if that proc just calls template::widget::text.

When this is true, in ad_form you can just say "my_bool:boolean" rather than "my_bool:boolean(text)"

The inverse is true, too, it would be nice to be able to just say "my_checkbox:checkbox" rather than "my_checkbox:text(checkbox)".  You're forced to do that now because there's no validation proc named "checkbox".

I also have a couple of widgets/datatypes from Greenpeace work I'd like to get in there, in particular better button stuff.

Are you looking at 4.6.2 for this stuff?

Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
adding the url and email types and changing money to currency I was thinking of doing now. It does not seem like it would impact anything.

Getting the automatic form generation that exists in the attribute:: procs and content::item_new_form working properly would be 4.6.2 (and the current attribute data needs to be cleaned up some as well).