Forum OpenACS Development: Re: bboard2procurement & eCommerce bank transfer payment method

... unfortunately we are building on the bboard package and not the forums package - I am aware of that the bboard package  won't be maintained in the future but that was the decision as both packages we compared and the customer prefered bboard. This is why I am concerned whether the code will be maintained in the future.

Depending on how strongly we modify the bboard package we could maybe rephrase to procurement package - jsut an ad hoc thought.

I will list the patches in the bug-tracker as proposed.

Nice greetings to Denmark - btw, I really like your new keyboard!

If there is only a overview of the proposed design I would find it more useful to post it here than to clobber the bug-tracker with it.

It seems that you have already a concrete improvement for the ecommerce package - that would make sense to put in bug-tracker including a patch if available. From there it can be applied by Bartt who as far as I know is the maintainer of ecommerce.

In the case of your planned bboard enhancements I got the impression that you are seeking for general advice before you start, so I think it's better to post them here for a wider audience.

I think there are still some people using bboard instead of forums for whatever reasons, and would be interested in keeping that package maintained (e.g. having bugfixes going into the main CVS etc.). They might not feel comfortable with radical changes, so maybe you should consider making your own version of bboard, for example bboard-enhanced, and make it available to whoever is interested. Whatever is the best solution can only be judged after you posted all your planned changes here.

Btw., for expiring posts you might be able to use existing CR functionality.