Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Proposal for hooking forms to metadata

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Yes, this is exactly my intent, except I doubt we'll end up with anything that makes *everyone* happy.  Also, I don't mean to imply that folks shouldn't experiment with different approaches.

What I'm asking for, I guess, is ongoing discussion and some effort at communication.  As this thread makes obvious, I (and others) can't necessarily even judge what is and what is not duplicate effort!

And I know all of us are working hard on projects with deadlines, and that servicing our clients comes before coordinating with the community due to the need to put food on the table.

The CR/CMS API has been used to build one complex package, the CMS itself.  From a functionality POV it's very usable, it's only from a UI POV that it's not.  And Jeff's using it (and improving the API) to write another.

Your query writing package sounds interesting, especially in its new form (the first version seemed really clunky, which I don't mind saying because you're saying the same thing and rewriting it in part because of this.)  If it turns out to be really good, Jeff may decide to put less effort into improving the CR/CMS API, for instance.  Maybe we could stick him with rewriting the admin UI that everyone hates so much instead!

Collapse
Posted by Jeff Davis on
Maybe we could stick him with rewriting the admin UI that everyone hates so much instead!

Oh no, that's definitely Lars...