Forum OpenACS Development: developing a new skin for Open Acs package

i have followed the documentaion of skin which is present in the openacs packages, the doubt is i want to install a skin to my package without creating the following steps of

Add another "new sub folder" to the "Main Site" as "curly". Make it a "new application" called "Curly"; leave the application "ACS Subsite"

i want without putting the new application as ACS Subsite is that possible programmatically or with the user interface

for the user interface if i create my own package in the site map i am not getting the set parameters .

the following is an example : taken from the skin of openacs
Add a "new sub folder" to "Curly" as "api-doc". Follow "mount", then from the middle block (instances already mounted elsewhere) follow "ACS API Browser" to create another location.
Set different skins for subsites "/" and "/curly"
In the top row "Main Site", follow "set parameters"
Scroll to the bottom and change parameter "DefaultMaster" to "/packages/skin/master/straight". (The "straight" skin features a logo. It is hardcoded for simplicity, but could be another parameter of subsite, or looked up in a table.)
Click "Set Parameters" to submit your change.
Repeat the above steps for node "/curly", setting "DefaultMaster" to "/packages/skin/master/curly"

this is the above procedure how we actuallly set the skins