Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OpenACS Wiki

Collapse
10: Re: OpenACS Wiki (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
You could allow for configuration options like "keep the last N revisions" or "keep revisions <= N days old" or "keep forever", etc.

I think ETP-based is the right approach, BTW, and the ETP is already doing CR stuff (though harumph poorly in some regards)

Dave's got a test instance up apparently ...

Collapse
13: Re: OpenACS Wiki (response to 10)
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Arguments in favor of extending Dave's ETP Wiki:
  • Already uses CR. To extend the current Wiki code, I'd have to learn a lot about the CR the hard way.
  • I like that it doesn't take HTML code. Seems like security is handled better.
  • I could learn about ETP and CR in an easier way.

Arguments in favor of extending the current Wiki code:

• Has automatic link generation (critical for Wikis). I would have to add this to ETP Wiki.
  • Path of least resistance -- it's much easier for me to fix and extend this code, because it involves what I already know how to do (adding in permissions and templates and so on).
  • Right now, I think the interface is better and easier to use than ETP.
  • ETP is going to be rewritten, so I don't have to worry about rewriting anything sitting on top of it.
Honestly, the second approach seems like less work. I'm open to arguments for doing it with ETP, though.

I also haven't looked at Dave's code yet, so maybe I'll change my mind after I do.