Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Input sought from distance educators

Collapse
Posted by Ernie Ghiglione on
Hi Lamar,

I worked on the package that Malte had put available. The package although it is not not based on any question or test standards, it kinda has a similar structure as IMS Question & Test: Tests has sections, sections containt question, etc.

As of now, it does some cool things like branching, or randomization or questions and possible answers (multiple choice. So you can have a pull of 100 questions for a particular section and then you can select that only 30 random questions (out of the pool of a 100) can be rendered to the user in randomized order, or you could specified that the 5th questions is a particular question, etc.

It only support multiple-choice type of exams though. So when you create a new question, you have to enter an X number of answers and then select which ones are correct (one or many).

Since the answers are entered when the questions are entering the grading is automatic. Although, you have to decide what is the minimum % of correct answers that a random stiker needs to answer correct to be able to pass this section and take the next one.

Rafa, maybe we can get someone to work on the portining and improving a bit of the functionality (comply to some question or test standard?)... I can't really work on this right now, but I'm more than willing to help out if we can get someone to work on it.

In any case, Lamar, if you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Ernie