Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Update to /register/index.adp content

Collapse
Posted by Randy Ferrer on

I do agree with Lars that the registration pages are really in need of a major overhaul (I'll shy away from using his expletive). 😊)) I happen to like Amazon's system myself since it's very user friendly and simple. As far as explaining how to turn on cookies... Personally I think we could do without it - perhaps just refer users to help on their browsers. In the US browsers have cookies turned on by default. In other countries they come with cookies turned off by default. In any case, if a person turned off their cookies, then they should know how to turn them back on. If we do want to include this information, then it should be in the "Saving email address and password" page which BTW - works really hard to not mention the word "cookie". I vote for speaking clearly to users. Just explain clearly that cookies are utilized and how we use them and then if it's really desired, include an explanation of how to access the feature on browsers. Also, what's with the link to the "Saving email address and password" page? (help)??

My goal here was not to overhaul the system, but to simply touch up some of these pages - nothing more for now.