Forum OpenACS Q&A: First timer

Collapse
Posted by Jason Lozzi on
Hey folks. I have been tiring to get my first time install of Open ACS to work and have been trolling the board here looking for answers to the issue that I am having but I do not see it so I thought that I would ask the community.

I am running this all on Red hat 7.3 and am using postgres 7.2.3 as my database. I have been following along the instructions to the letter and now I am not sure what I have done wrong. I am at the point of Using the OpenACS Installer. I can go to my site and when I first load it up I get the exact web page that the example shows. I click the next button. I can see it creating tables and I know that the documentation says it will take a few minutes to finish then click the next button. Well I never get the next button to continue with the Installer. Matter a fact I never see "Loading package .info files ... this will take a few minutes".

Below is the only error that I can see in the error.log. I have done some searches on this error and I am not coming up with anything. Please any help would be appreciated.

[02/Apr/2003:13:57:19][12276.5126][-conn2-] Notice: /home/publicuser/web/sprise.com/packages/wp-slim/wp-slim.info
[02/Apr/2003:13:57:34][12276.5126][-conn2-] Error: db_source_sql_file: acs-install.sql:
psql:acs-install.sql:226: WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function inline_0
psql:acs-install.sql:226: WARNING:  line 39 at SQL statement
psql:acs-install.sql:226: ERROR:  Relation "application_groups" does not exist

[02/Apr/2003:13:57:19][12276.5126][-conn2-] Notice: /home/<myusername>/web/<myinstalldirectory>/packages/wp-slim/wp-slim.info
[02/Apr/2003:13:57:34][12276.5126][-conn2-] Error: db_source_sql_file: acs-install.sql:
psql:acs-install.sql:226: WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function inline_0

[02/Apr/2003:13:57:34][12276.5126][-conn2-] Error: Error sourcing /home/<myusername>/web/<myinstalldirectory>/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/packages-install.tcl:

invoked from within
"db_source_sql_file -callback apm_ns_write_callback acs-install.sql"
    invoked from within
"if { ![ad_acs_admin_node] } {
    ns_write "  <p><li> Completing Install sequence.<p>
    <blockquote><pre>"
    cd [file join [acs_root_dir] packages..."
    (file "/home/<myusername>/web/<myinstalldirectory>/packages/acs-bootstrap-installer/installer/packages-install.tcl" line 34)
    invoked from within
"source $__file "

Collapse
2: Re: First timer (response to 1)
Posted by tammy m on
What version of OpenACS are you using? Have you tried following all the steps in Joel's great install guide? It helped me get OpenACS 4.6.1 tarball running on Linux 7.3 with postgresql 7.2.4.
Collapse
3: Re: First timer (response to 1)
Posted by Nitin Madan on
I am having the very same problem. I am using RH7.3 and OpenACS4.6.1 and the postgre ver is 7.3.2

Please help

Nitin

Collapse
4: Re: First timer (response to 1)
Posted by Jason Lozzi on
I did what tammy recommended doing. I looked at that guide and started from scratch.. I have the option to do this because of it being a first run at getting OpenACS running.

It’s a great guide but there are some things that are not correct. Well for my system that is. Not sure what version it is at but there were a few buggy things. Like calling for files that was not included in the package. But all and all was a good and very helpful.

Collapse
5: Re: First timer (response to 3)
Posted by Nitin Madan on
I recomplied with postgre ver 7.2.3 and it works on rh 7.3

n