Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Development Tutorial Available

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Other nitpicks:

I wasn't able to figure out how to get the documentation portion working. I didn't seem to have the right files. Perhaps that's because I've already installed, using the older documentation.

I still would like to use the "approved" way of documenting my packages, but I'm not sure where to proceed. Could there be a link somewhere to the files I would need if I had installed without using your documentation earlier?

(Hope I expressed this well -- Joel, I'm totally ecstatic you've taken the time to write this documentation.)

Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
What errors are you getting? there are a few rough edges:
  • Different installations of DocBook put necessary stylesheets in different places. You'll see a 'not found' and you can then locate the file on your system and replace the path in the Makefile.
  • Missing files. I'm still learning how to work with the OpenACS CVS repository. As of today, I think everything is present and in sync in the oacs-4-6 branch and at my site. But the 4.6.2 beta tarball is out of whack.

Everybody, thanks for your tips. I'll incorporate them as soon as I can.

Ola, when would one "make use of the practical Tcl proc 'package_instantiate_object'?" Is that something I should change the basic tutorial to reflect? Or is that an advanced topic?