Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Two Technical Questions

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
If you get the memory problems working this would be great, but my experience is that most web sites that run into this problem actually have the need to run in a cluster environment anyway. And there a nightly restart does not have an impact.

We are using the VTMalloc which works nicely.

With regards to Eclipse: Yes, I though about it and posted for the google summer of source (use https://openacs.org/xowiki/GSoC?revision%5fid=905352 as it was edited in the current version). I did not look at DLTK though. If you have something going there, I am more than happy to act as a tester and collaborate on functional requirements. You might also want to get Nima on board as he has extensive knowledge in using Eclipse (if I recall correctly).

Collapse
Posted by Maurizio Martignano on
Dear Malte,
Eclipse+DLTK (Dynamic Languages Tool Kit) includes support for TCL. So I think it can either be used as it is to develop TCL scripts or used as starting point for the implementation of all the features planned in your previous post on OpenACS support inside Eclipse. At the moment I would say that Eclipse+DLTK plus some SSH based file transfer mechanism (e.g. WinSCP) to exchange files between the development and target machines could constitute a very effective workbench.

Cheers,
Maurizio