Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Suitability of OpenACS

Collapse
3: Re: Suitability of OpenACS (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
1.) For our non profit clients this is done using the contacts package, which allows you to do a lot of customer interaction based on the information given by the patient. There will be webservices built in a project both for storing data in a different place as well as making the contacts package the master for all contact related information.

2) Project Open is or has undergone a security audit, so I am fairly certain that we do not run into troubles with security of the data. Though with patient data it still might reguire a special security check, depending on the legislation in the netherlands.

Obviously you would like this linked with a specific patient and the doctor uploading this. In contacts you do have the ability to store files with a patient and make the doctor a referral. We did implement this once for a retirement home facility as a Customer Relationship management. That way it is easy for your to see which patients a doctor is treating, which he referred to you, who a patient was referred from, who is the active doctor, what are the relatives, who is the power of attorney, you name it (whatever information you choose to save and the links).

3) Probably dotfolio is overkill. I would allow them to view their own page in contacts (which they need to view anyway for editing their personal data) and include additional portlets depending on the functionality needed (e.g. if you are using assessment to do your exams then display the list of assessments / exams taken).

4) If I am not mistaken the University of Mannheim has something like that developed. Other than that, we use room reservation to schedule "appointments" with the ships in our sailing club, so you should probably be fine with that.

5) Ratings. Is already included with file storage (or could be done really easily).

Would you be interested in Mobile integration, allowing the doctors to fill out the exams while doing the home visits?