Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: AOLServer just dies on Mac OS X

Collapse
Posted by Tom Lazar on

hi bruno,

i'm currently running oacs 4.6.2 beta and 4.6.2 final on mac osx 10.2.5 with dec2002 dev tools. i've been following the instructions of markd, and after some initial troubles am now quite happy...

one big culprit is the .tcl file you use for starting up the oacs application. try using a very minimal one and see if that makes any difference.

also remember to restart the nsd-process after mounting applications and regularily vacuuming your db!

Collapse
Posted by Bruno Mattarollo on
Hello Tom,

Thanks, I also followed the instructions for some packages as well. Did you have to remove the "StackSize" parameter from the "threads" section? In my case, if that is present it won't allow AOLServer to start, it would report an invalid attribute or something like that in the log file. So when I start OpenACS for the first time, the installation complains that the StackSize is not of the right size. Anyway, I don't think that is the real problem. I will try to minimize the .tcl file and see what happens.

As of vacuuming the db, :), yes, I will ... but first I will try to get it running for more than a few minutes ;)!

Cheers