Forum OpenACS Development: Automount acs-mail-lite

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I enabled bounce handling on a site and realized that we need some pages, especially one to restore a bouncing user. That is supposed to reside in acs-subsite, but it does not and I think should not either.

So, my question therefore is, will adding an automount to "acs-mail-lite" at "/acs-mail-lite" require a TIP? Obviously this would only be done on HEAD and noone should use bounce handling before 5.4, or, if you did, tell me how you reenable the accounts 😊.

Pages I would forsee useful:

/restore-bounce (To restore the current user and get emails delivered to him again)
/admin/bouncing_users (list of bouncing users)

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Ite depends Malte.

Who would have permission to handle this? Should a subsite administator be able to restore email for a user of that subsite? Or only a site-wide administrator.

Since its a core package you could choose acs-subsite or acs-admin for these pages.

If a user can fix it himself, it makes sense for it to reside under acs-subsite with the other user pages.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Hi Dave, thanks for the answer. You just gave me the criteria for putting files in acs-subsite. Will change that then and put it under /register/restore-bounce (in line with /register/restore-user).

As for your question, the user himself is able to restore it, as they are getting a notification that their e-mail is bouncing with a link to enable it again (in case the email stopped bouncing).

Admins should be able to see all bouncing users (probably subsite, but I guess site-wide is even better) and unbounce them manually (in case the user wrote a manual e-mail, the admin changes the e-mail address to reflect the new one or whatever the reason).