Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: site-map problems with aolserver 4

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

What is your server log showing for the connection? I had an issue with AOLserver4 where a filter was incorrectly defined, or an error is thrown in the filter. What happens is that AOLserver would log the error and close the conn with no return at all. It should have returned a 500 response, but there was a bug in the filter processing code. I think the return value of the function was also the value signalling AOLserver that it should close the conn.

I'm not sure this has been fixed yet. What version of AOLserver 4 are you using? BTW: Mozilla has an annoying habit of trying the same conn 6-7 times when nothing is returned.

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
I think you might be right. I'm getting an "invalid database id : nsdb0" from 'rp_filter preauth', but no 500 response. When I get home tonight, I'll try to look into what might be causing that error.

I'm using AOLserver 4 from CVS around the time of beta3. Mozilla's repeat requests may also explain why it works in that browser, because if I reload the sitemap about 6 times in IE, it eventually works too.

Thanks for the help.