Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

Jim,

I appreciate the time invested in your reply and explanation.  Although I still don't grasp the concept as well as I'd like, you did help me identify the issue and get it resolved.  I've determined that I indeed have/had two versions of PostgreSQL installed on the system.  I had originally installed it during the RH9 install, but later "thought" I removed it and then reinstalled using the provided step-by-step instructions.

After I figured this out, it was considerably easier in getting the system functional.  In fact, I have a fully installed system waiting for me to begin testing on now, woohoo 😉

The only issue I'm having still is getting the auto-restart for AOLServer working correctly, specifically in attempting to get the inittab portion working (the restart-aolserver script works fine).  I'm still trying some things though, but might ask for assistance if our UNIX admin is too busy this week.  Thanks again for your help!

Collapse
Posted by Rajesh k on
hi ,

platform : redhat linux 9
-----------------------------------
I have tried using both the postgresql-7.3.2.tar.gz and  postgresql-7.3.6.tar.gz
I get the same error:

bash-2.05b$]$ createdb test
              CREATE DATABASE

bash-2.05b$]$ psql test
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
      \h for help with SQL commands
      \? for help on internal slash commands
      \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
      \q to quit

psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

Can you please advise me what to do?

thanx,