Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: OpenACS 5.0 Package Inventory and OpenACS Governance
Peter - I think it's also important to make room in the repository for packages that may not necessarily meet all requirements for inclusion in an "officially maintained" repository which is what you seem to be getting at. There are other packages which might support Oracle or PG only, or developed outside of an "accepted oacs methodology" but would still be of interest to some members of the community.
It would also be nice to have a repository for obsolete packages which I think is being looked at implementing soon anyway.
- What are the responsibilities of a maintainer.
- How much effort is expected of this person.
- Is the community (TAB) allowed to transfer maintainership even though the original author is the current maintainer.
- What would be conditions for this.
- Should we limit CVS access for maintainers of certain packages only to these packages (which would make it easier for newcomers to upload a package)?